From the FortWorthTexas.gov website:
In a record year for the number of award nominations and applicants, 12 top Tarrant County businesses have been selected as finalists in competition for the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 Small Business of the Year Award, presented by Northstar Bank of Texas.
Winners will be announced at a reception before Mayor Betsy Price’s Annual State of the City address Feb. 16 at the Fort Worth Convention Center. The prestigious annual Small Business of the Year Award salutes those that operate with exemplary best practices.
This year’s finalists are an impressive group that reflects the diversity of Fort Worth’s business base, including pharma, technology, manufacturing and professional services,” said Chamber President and CEO Bill Thornton. “The judges have their work cut out for them because these are all excellent contenders.”
Finalists, by category, are:
Emerging business (in business less than three years)
- Alpha Industries LLC. Fabrication, construction welding, industrial construction, global logistics and team-management for industrial and energy clients.
- Cowtown Cycle Party LLC. Fun, eco-friendly 16-person party bike to exercise while sightseeing in downtown and the Near Southside.
- Ventavia Research Group LLC. Clinical research company that conducts trials for new medications developed by pharmaceutical companies.
Blue Jean Networks LLC. IT service to small and mid-sized businesses.
- M-Pak Inc. Industrial packaging and tactical clothing and uniform supplier to private and government businesses.
- SYNERGY HomeCare. Non-medical home care services for people who need assistance with activities of daily living, including companionship, homemaking, and personal care.
- CMIT Solutions of Fort Worth. Managed IT and computer consulting services.
- Sutton Frost Cary LLP. Full-service certified public accounting firm.
- The Baker Firm-Fidelity National Title. Residential and commercial title services.
- Firefighting’s Finest Moving & Storage Inc. Moving company that specializes in moving, packing and crating, to shipping, receiving and short- to long-term storage.
- Sellmark Corp. Produces a diversity of high-quality outdoor lifestyle products featured in top-tier retailers and more than 50 countries.
- Simplifi Holdings Inc. Leader in localized programmatic solutions for digital business.
Additional sponsors for the 2016 Small Business of the Year Award program are TCU’s Neeley School of Business, Tarleton State University, Wells Fargo, Renaissance Worthington Fort Worth Hotel and Fort Worth Business.